Vacuderm Smart Tourniquet is a unique, single-patient, vein inflator/tourniquet for patients with difficult to reach veins, with unique suction and pump mechanism to aid further filling of the veins and increase the success rate of first attempt in venous access. Suitable for cannulation, drug delivery and blood collection.
The Vacuderm, single-patient, vein inflator/tourniquet, for difficult to reach veins, has been designed in the UK by healthcare professionals and is part of a toolkit to aid intravenous needle insertion for cannulation, drug delivery and blood collection.
When the dome is pumped several times, it enhances the tourniquet effect by producing a negative pressure. This causes the veins to fill and become pronounced, potentially improving vein location.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
• Better experience for patients with poor vein access
• Less stress and anxiety for patients and practitioners
• Designed to reduce wastage, cost and time for hospitals
• Designed to improve the success rate of first attempt venous access and reduce failed cannulations
• Designed to reduce infection with less attempts to find veins
• Easy-to-use, does not require modifications to existing practices
• Eliminates the need for Vein Finders
• The Vacuderm is soft and comfortable for the patient
• The procedure makes it easier to detect veins, even in difficult patients
• A curved ladder-effect strap to reduce pinching
• Easy to tighten, grip and with unique release buckle mechanism
• The material is recyclable and latex free
• Class 1 medical device manufactured in the UK
Adults - Difficult Venous Access Tourniquet
Remember 4 golden rules for success
- Put on the right way below the elbow (arrow points towards the hand)
- Pull really tightly on the strap to give good tourniquet effect (it will not pinch or break)
- Pump slowly and gently towards the back of the dome until the veins inflate
- Pull the quick release mechanism to take off
For a 'How To Use' Video click here.